Thursday, February 17, 2011

green sheets

Every year, Truett students receiving scholarship aid from the BGCT have to get a green form signed by a pastor acknowledging that they are of good character and have participated in the life of that church. It's good accountability.





Last year about this time I was inundated with these green forms coming at me like crazy. Most came after Worship while others were dropped off at the church. Some of the names I knew; some of the faces I knew. Some I didn't. Being caught unaware, I signed them all trusting the integrity of my signature to the integrity of the requestor.





Not this year. This year, those that want my James H. Coston will have to fill out an application for it. I had one request come to me via email; a student was graciously going to drop it off at the office and pick it up later. I replied informing him of the new way of doing this business and even attached an application. That was some days ago and I have heard nothing since.





Will this reduce the frequency of the signatures? That's not the point, but probably. The point is that if scholarship students make a commitment to participate in the life of a local congregation, they must live up to that. This small measure of accountability is meant to affirm that.





The application is reproduced below:

Calvary-Truett Scholarship Attestation Form


Spring 2011


Name:


Address:



When did you start your work at Truett?


Are you a member of Calvary?


If not, where is your church membership?


When did you begin attending Calvary?


Briefly describe all aspects of your involvement in Calvary’s worship and work.






Please list two Calvary member that may serve as references for your participation at Calvary.


1.



2.



Please fill out and return to the office in person or send to Becky Olson (bolson@cbcwaco.com).

No comments:

Post a Comment