Sunday, June 5, 2011

san diego marathon

I didn't accomplish my goal of a sub-4:00:00 marathon. Rather, it was a 4:25:00 marathon. My split was under 2 hours and at 19 miles I was on pace. Then I fell apart and missed my mark. I did finish and got a medal (like a 10lb medal). And, at present, I feel no need to ever run 26.2 again.

Top 7 signs seen today (in order that I saw them):
1. You're almost there. Only 26 miles to go. [This was from two guys just off the start line. It was funny at the time.]
2. Worst. Parade. Ever.
3. I thought this was a Justin Bieber concert.
4. Your feet hurt because you are kicking so much assphalt.
5. Jesus Christ died for sinners. [And we got some street preaching to boot.]
6. I thought you said it was 2.62 miles.
7. If you can read this, I'm faster than you. [Worn by a runner.]

No comments:

Post a Comment