Wednesday, November 23, 2011

giving thanks

Happy Thanksgiving to all! I am truly thankful for Calvary--our community, our neighborhood, and all of God's blessings that are Calvary.

Calvary hosts a recovery ministry, Celebrate Recovery, on Monday nights. I have the privilege of providing some leadership to this on a weekly basis (along with our CR worship leader Stephanie Mettler). After some discussion with our lay leaders, we decided to change up our typical Mon night routine this past Monday.

We had a potluck, along with some Uncle Dan's fixin's, and ate a big family meal in the Welcome Center. As we finished the meal, we offered folks the opportunity to share blessings and name things they were thankful for. It was grace-filled. I am reminded every Monday night at 6:30pm that if Jesus returned, he would be at CR meetings.

Of the many blessings I count this Thanksgiving are to the pilgrims I get to journey with on Mon nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment